Friendoozle is the newest place for finding friends and family to connect and share.

Living Without Worry - Place Your Troubles on Jesus

I find it very hard to manage the trials and tribulations of living sometimes. I worry about the kids and keeping them focused on what is important. We all have our distractions; how can I balance my busy work schedule, family and still make time for the Lord? When all I have to do is remember to be grateful and glorify God in everything I do and when the burden becomes too great for me I can trust that turning it over to the Lord everything will be handled.

Phil 4:6,7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

The Greek word for “keep”, as found in Philippians 4:7, is a first-century term for high security, denoting to “set a watch”, “stand guard”, or “keep securely locked.” The peace which comes only from God will stand guard over a believer’s heart and mind by means of Jesus Christ.

The answer to worry is prayer. Prayer and commitment. Those things that concern me, those things that cause me to worry are the very things I need to be praying about and once I’ve prayed about them, I need to trust God to take care of them. I need to know that once I commit them to God, they’re in His hands and He will work them out for His glory. Now it may not be for my pleasure, it may not be like I want it to be, but I thank God I’m not in control. It would be like if I were in control of my salvation. If salvation was up to me, I’d lose it for sure. I thank God that He is in control of the circumstances that surround me. If I were in control of my life, I could make the worst mess out of my life.

Thinking that I was doing what I thought was good, but you know, if you just let a kid go, they’ll eat nothing but ice cream sundaes and nothing else. And so I would place an order for my life, make it sweet with hot fudge, whipped cream, and a cherry on top. I want a bed of roses Lord. I want to take it easy. I don’t want the hard stuff. I don’t want to struggle. I don’t want trials and tribulation. I don’t want to deal with any problems. But it doesn’t always work out that way. Many times there are hardships, difficulties. There are things in my life that happen, that I don’t understand but my faith is being tested and my faith is being developed. Because I’m learning to trust in God even when I can’t see the way. And even though it doesn’t go the way I want it to go, I still trust the Lord and I learn that He has a better plan. Yes it was tough, yes I did hurt, yes there was suffering, but oh the lessons that I learned I wouldn’t trade for anything. Because I grew in my walk… and my relationship with God has been enhanced by the experience, and I count that which I gained in my relationship with Him, far more than the struggle I went through.

Malachi 3:3 And he shall sit [as] a refiner and purifier of silver: They that live Godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. It’s not going to be easy, but the Lord is going to be there and the Lord will give you strength and the Lord will help you. So, the worries, the concerns, the anxiety, pray about them. Give them over to the Lord.

Psm 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

So, in “prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” Prayer is not a monolog, it’s a dialog, and it’s important that we wait for God to speak to us as well as speak to God. We need to wait and hear what God is trying to tell us. It’s more important that we hear God, than it is for God to hear us.

We are to live each day as the precious gift it is. How can we fully enjoy today if we are so worried about what tomorrow will bring? None of us is promised tomorrow. We think we need to know what God is doing and why, to have peace. That’s not what it says.
However, we are promised the peace of God ”which passeth all understanding”. In other words, we have something better than knowledge; we have the promise of peace.

Phil 4:6,7 Be careful (anxious) for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

We have this notion that we are in control of certain aspects of our life. The idea of not having control can cause anxiety. What are some of the things in your life that you have control over? You are the only one that has control over where you are going to spend eternity! That’s just about it. Ever have the flu? You’re not even in control of your own body. The sooner we realize that we are not in control but that God is, the sooner we can accept our circumstances knowing that we are never alone in all we go through. Our walk with Jesus gives us that peace, the comfort of knowing we’re never alone and that He is in control. For most of us, rarely a day passes when we don’t succumb to the temptation to worry. Mercifully, instead of sharply rebuking us for this sin, God has given us precious promises in His Word to help us guard against worry. Worrying is a sin. We’re saying I don’t have enough faith, I don’t trust you. We may not all have the same worries, but we all have a tendency to worry. Worrying is a bad habit that needs to be broken. Using God’s Word will help protect us against worry. If we are strong in our faith, we have nothing to worry about. God will supply us with all of our needs.

What kinds of things do you worry about?
How do you feel when you worry?
How much do you accomplish by worrying about the problem?
If worrying makes us feel bad, and accomplishes nothing, why do we do it?

Phil 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: [and] again I say, Rejoice. What do we have to rejoice about? Your name is written in the book of life. You are going to spend eternity in Heaven! Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Your eternity has been decided. When was your name written in the book of life?

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Today’s pace is so fast. We’ve become a slave to technology, instead of having a little more time to enjoying life, we can’t get away from the hustle and bustle, we can’t unplug. Stress is the number one killer in our society today. It does so much damage to our bodies and our minds. It robs us of the peace we so desperately want. We can find that peace in God’s word. Shut the world out and lose yourself in God’s Word. Remember to pray and thank Him for all of the blessings in your life.

Prov 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Last update on July 26, 10:51 pm by CJ.
CJE